Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Folded Frames and Pistachio Pudding

Today, I'm starting a new series of posts here on my blog.  We'll be playing with DSP (Designer Series Papers), including Vellum and our Core'dinations CS (Card Stock).  I have a lot to share with you, so let's get started.  First up, is a card that features DSP as a beautiful background and yet an integral part of the card.  I've also used DSP to decorate the flap on a coordinating envelope.
Try to picture this card without the DSP layer.  It wouldn't be very exciting, would it?  My goal here was to make the DSP be an important part of the card, without overpowering the focal piece --- the beautiful flower.  Wrapping Baker's Twine around the focal piece is an easy way to add a nice touch of elegance and texture.  I've stamped the flower twice and cut out just parts of it to mount on top of the complete flower.  This gives a wonderful 3-D element to this beautiful flower.

Spring is trying hard to reach our area, but it is having a difficult time so far.  Maybe the soft, beautiful colors of our Sweet Sorbet DSP will give the weather some encouragement.
We'll be making this card, along with cards featured in this series, at my April 7 Monday Night Stampers class. 

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...