Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Teeny Tiny Cuteness

Get ready for some real cute today... in a teeny tiny size.  If you follow my blog, you know how much I love poking around in various antiquing places... always in search of some unique 'treasure.'  On one of my past trips, I came across a pair of teeny tiny cut glass salt and pepper shakers.  I immediately fell in love with them.  The other day, as I was working with our new Petite Petals punch, a light bulb went off and I had a new project in mind.  I've used shakers for 'flower holders' before, but never with any this tiny.  Here's what I did:
These adorable little shakers have a little handle on them and it begged for an embellishment.  I wanted to use lace trim, to go with the antique look of them, but our crochet trim was too wide --- just because these shakers really that tiny.  So...... I cut a piece in half, right down the middle and tied it to the handle of each.  I like it... a lot!

So, how did I attach the flowers to the floral wire?  I added a bit of Liquid Tombow to the end of the floral wire and laid it onto the back of the flower, with a 1/2 dimensional on each side of it to hold it in place.  Then I added the second flower, pressing them back to back.  I added a rhinestone to the center of each flower.  I found that some of the wires were thicker than others and wouldn't go through the holes, so I tested each one before I attached a flower, to make sure it would fit through the tiny holes.

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blog world.  Come back soon for more creative inspiration.  I have lots more to share with you!


Have a great day and go stamp something beautiful. 

Click here to learn more about upcoming classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...