Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Oh, yes I did!

If you remember my new storage system I went to recently for storing my Thinlits and Framelits, then you know that I showed you a blank canvas, as far as the container goes.  If you know me at all, you know I could not leave it at that.  I just love taking some cute old thing, like a sewing drawer, and making it pretty... fun AND functional.  Would you like to see what I did next with my little sewing drawer?
I cut large pieces of black CS and cut the top edges to look like file folder tabs, using the Envelope Punch Board.  I typed a sheet for the labels I wanted and then just punched them out with the Scallop Oval punch.  All the dividers have coordinating designs from the Modern Medley DSP.  I decided to keep the front all polka dots.  My cute little box now sits out on my bar, close to my Big Shot, with all my Thinlits and Framelits within easy reach.  This was a fun project and my box has turned out to be super handy.
I've been kind of crazy about collecting Scrabble tiles for a long time now, so I have several jars full of them.  I thought it would be fun to use them to label my box.  I like to decorate in a way that I can change down the road, if I decide to update it again, so I did not want to affix my tiles to the front of the drawer directly.  Instead, I chose to cover a piece of black CS with DSP and attach the tiles to that.  I scored the 'sign' in 2 places at the top and cut the back flap just slightly shorter, which allows it to hang over the edge of my box.  It literally sits on the front edge of my box.  I like it!
TIPS:
I got my 'cards' for storing my Thinlits and Framelits from Stamp-N-Storage.  They have TWO sizes of cards.  Mine are the larger size.  I have several sizes of old sewing machine drawers (Yes, I know... I have a 'thing' about boxes, too:) and this is a longer drawer.  You need a longer one to be able to have TWO rows of cards stored in it.

For storing my embossing folders, most any size of sewing drawer will hold two rows of folders, easily.  These are also handy being stored this way because they are so easily accessible.  I do not like clutter and mess (even though I create a lot when I'm working) because it gets in the way of my creativity, but I do like to have things handy.  You never know when you might walk by them and be struck by a super creative idea!

WARNING:
Sometimes, often late at night (I am a night owl!) a little voice gets into my head and whispers:  "What if we just tweaked this a bit over here?"  Whenever that happens, the next thing I know, I find myself 'upgrading' my organization in my studio.  This happened last night and I ended up with an amazingly improved work area behind the bar where I stamp.  This means... you will be seeing some new shots of my studio soon.  If this gets that little voice whispering inside your head too, well... you have been warned.  You're on your own.

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blog world.  Have a great day.  Come back soon for more creative inspiration.


Have a great day and go stamp something beautiful. 

Click here to learn more about upcoming classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...