Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Love What I Do... Share What I Love

Our Stampin' Up! Statement of the Heart is:
'To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments... in this we make a difference!"  I recently enjoyed putting this concept to work by sharing some of my little treats.  They look like baby file folders!
Saturday, I had a doctor's appointment in Springfield.  I decided to take Valentine's Day treats with me and just randomly pass them out to any of the healthcare workers with whom I came into contact.  They loved them and it brought me so much joy to share them.  I have the highest regard for my surgeon.  He is fabulous.  He replaced both of my hips, years ago when no one else would believe me as to how much they hurt.  They all thought I was too young for hip problems and so they didn't even look into it.  When I finally got referred to my surgeon, he discovered that I had no cartilage in my hip joints!  He is now helping me with my knee problems and Saturday, he gave me the good news that I would not need further knee surgery --- at this time.  He did say that the arthritis is really bad in both knees and gave me cortisone shots in both.  So far, so good.  When you need healthcare help, go to the best.  Going to him means an hour trip --- one way --- and Saturday we passed 7 or 8 vehicles in the ditch, all with people in them.  One was a semi with the trailer turned completely on its side.  It did look like no one was hurt and they all had someone helping them, so that was very good.  I'm thankful for a safe vehicle that holds the road well and a husband willing to drive me.

So, would you like to see my treats that I made?  Here you go!
Aren't they cute?  Here are some close-ups:
The candies are held in place by wrapping the Gold Bakers Twine around the baby file folder.  I didn't use any adhesive on it at all.  I did use Stampin' Dimensionals to attach my punched pieces.  The gold foil punched piece didn't photograph as well as I'd hoped, but I think you can get the idea.
I've been seeing a lot of these on the net, all kinds of versions and just had to try my own.  They're quick and easy and, thus, a bit addicting.  I just kept making them until all my Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares were gone.  I actually got through it without eating even one!  That's probably a first:)  Come back soon for more projects using the Envelope Punch Board.  I've been working on quite a few --- so much fun and unbelievably addictive!


Have a great day and go stamp something beautiful. 

Click here to learn more about upcoming classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...