Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What's in The Box?

I have LOTS of exciting news in today's post, so be sure to keep scrolling so you don't miss a thing!  Previously, I gave you a sneak peek at this next project over on the side of my blog and in my last post.  Did you guess what's in the box?  If you guessed an organized card keeping system, you are correct!  What better way to start off the new year than to get organized.  As I've been sprucing up my studio, I decided to include improved organization wherever I found a need.  Having cards more easily accessible was at the top of the list for me.  I had them organized all along, but they were in a basket inside a drawer.  Sometimes out of sight really is out of mind.  I decided that if I made a pretty box that coordinated with my studio decor, I could keep it out and actually use it!!!
Are you wishing you could make one, too?  Well, you're in luck!  We'll be making this at the first session of my brand new class --- Monday Night Stampers.  We'll begin on Monday, March 3, 6:00-8:30.  I'm very excited about offering this brand new class.  We will focus on a special project, theme or technique at each class.  Class fee is just $18.00 OR free with your order of $35.00 or more (before tax and shipping).  Orders or class registration must be paid at least 2 days prior to the class and may be placed from any current catalog or special promotion -- online through my website or directly through me.  These wonderful boxes are from my retired stash, so I have a limited number of them.  Class spots are only available while my supply of boxes lasts, so hurry to sign up for our first Monday Night Stampers class.

We'll be adding a title to each card, to label the sections in our box.  You'll know at a glance which cards are low and what you'll need to make next. 
The tabs for each file card are made with one of our new tag top punches.  I used the Scalloped Tag Topper punch.  (Say that 5 times in a row, fast:)
We also have an Angled Tag Topper punch.  It would work for this project, as well and give an entirely different look.
Aren't these new punches just fabulous?!!!  I'm already working to fill up my new cards box.  Whenever I need a card right away, I can go to my cards box and find just what I need.  Here's how the labels will look for our dividers.
I used the Scalloped Oval Punch to punch out typed labels.  I decided to type them so they would all be a uniform size.  I added an extra divider in the front with a pocket.  This pocket is for stamps, etc. for your cards.  You'll have no excuse now for not getting that card into the mail on time.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...