Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Silver Glimmer, Part 1

Grab your sunglasses and check out my latest tree creations, made with silver glimmer paper strips.  I found some old, wooden candlestick holders on one of our antiquing outings last summer and spray painted them an off-white.  I love how the little trees look attached to them.  I had actually bought them with a totally different project in mind, but love this marriage of the little trees and the candlestick holders a lot.  I guess I'll have to look for more candlestick holders if I ever decide to make my other project idea.
Notice the box in the background?  If you've been following my blog for a while, you know how I love old wooden boxes.  I decorated a couple for Christmas this year --- one tied up with our holiday red ribbon and one tied up with burlap ribbon.  Love them!  The decorations are actually just odds and ends of sprigs of holiday decorations.
Here's a close-up... and, below... the burlap ribbon box with another glimmer tree.
What have you been making lately?  While I'm catching up on showing you the rest of my Christmas projects (got behind with my knee surgery), I'm actually spending my days making up banners, layouts and cards using new kits and products from our Occasions Catalog.  I'll be sharing those soon, so be sure to come back often, so you don't miss a thing.

I'm still having quite a lot of trouble with my knee -- both knees, actually, so I can only spend a little while at a time stamping.  It is saving my sanity from TV.  I can only take so many police dramas and home decorating shows.  I'm about ready to take a sledge hammer to a wall from seeing them do it on so many shows.  We've caught up on all the old Downton Abbey episodes and are now watching all the Big Bang Theory episodes.  Thank God for Netflix.  I'd ready more, but it's difficult to juggle a book and ice packs at the same time.

Up next, some taller silver glimmer trees.  Wear your sunglasses for my next post, too.  Ok, you can take them off now.  I don't recommend stamping while wearing them:)  Have a great day!

Click to see my upcoming classes and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...