Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Burlap Bonanza, Part 2

Today's post continues my Burlap Bonanza mini series with more burlap trees.  These trees were made with strips of our burlap ribbon, rather than loops as in my previous post.  It's nearly impossible to show it in the photo, but they are covered with a shimmer mist to give them a subtle sparkle.

I started with 12" styrofoam cones as a base (The looped burlap trees in my previous post were 10" tall.) and then I topped off the trees with our beautiful white organza ribbon.  I coiled up the ribbon streamers and clipped them with tiny clothespins for several hours to get the pretty curl to them.  The outdoor photos were taken after Christmas and the ribbons have lost a lot of their curl.  I will curl them again when I decorate next year and perhaps try heat setting them a little.  Everything is held in place with glue from a hot glue gun.  These were some of my favorite projects I made this year.
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out my upcoming class schedules.  

2014 schedules for February - June

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...