Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Winter Frost Framed Art... a Closer Look

Today, let's take a closer look at my Winter Frost framed art.  We'll be making this one at my Christmas Retreat.  This is perhaps my most favorite frame of all.  I've made 2 for Fall and 2 for Christmas now, so maybe I'm done with frames for a while... or maybe not.   We'll just have to wait and see.  Once again, I've used a ton of various stamp sets.
Tip:  
When preparing to make a framed project involving multiple squares, score your 12 X 12" CS base at 4" and 8" both directions.  It will keep your art pieces lined up, as you center each little project inside the scored lines.  When working with the record album collectors frames, your 12 X 12" CS fits perfectly.  This frame was a shadow box and slightly smaller, so I had to cut everything down a bit.  I decided to do this rather than paint one of the black collector frames.

More tips:
-Choose your color story first.  Try 1, 2 or 3 colors for your squares.
-Choose a frame that will work for your project.
-Choose your background (base) CS or DSP.
-Do some math, to divide up your sections and plan your individual squares.
-Score background into a grid of squares.
-You'll use these to center each of your little project squares.
-Start getting out any stamps that you think might work for your project.
-Lay out individual stamps and create a balanced design.
-Stamp everything and lay them out, rearranging as needed.
-When you're pleased with your design, start assembling.
-Complete your project.
-Stand back to admire it.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...