Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Hello, My Old Friend

As promised, today's card features an old friend that I brought back to play.  He's from our retired No Peeking stamp set.  We made this one at the Forsyth Library last Saturday.  When stamp sets retires, I usually give up as many as I can, but there are always a few that I just have to keep.  This is one of those sets.  I just loved it too much to say goodbye.
The penguin is on the inside of the card, with a punched circle window on the front so he can peek through.  I cut a separate strip for the embossed edge across the front of the card, to make it easier for any beginner stampers at the class.  I love the design on this embossing folder!  I think the perfect finishing touch was to give the little penguin some rosy cheeks:)
When I was asked to teach the holiday cards class at the library, the request was for winter cards that could be used by anyone wanting to make a card.  I designed the 3 cards to be used in a variety of ways.  These could be for a greeting for any winter occasion, even thank you notes or birthdays.  I took along a bunch of text stamps, so each person could choose what message they wanted to stamp inside their card.  Come back for my next post and I'll share the 3rd card we made.

Have a great day.  I hope you're getting all ready for Thanksgiving.  I will NOT be shopping on Thanksgiving Day or even the next day.  It's all family time for me and then back to stamping.  I have a big party to get ready to host on December 2, so I'll be spending the weekend changing out the remaining fall decor in my home and getting it to the totally Christmas stage.  I love doing it!  I like to make a lot of my own decor, so I'll be sharing some of my new projects several of my next posts.  Come on back and check it out.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...