Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Stamp-A-Stack Blues: 2 Beautiful Blues

No, I don't have the blues but I have beautiful shades of blues.
Let's take a look at the Stamp-A-Stack cards I've made with blues.  We'll be making these this afternoon at my Christmas Stamp-A-Stack.  Each one has something quite special.  First up is beautiful Island Indigo:

Are you wondering about the embossed silver paper on the right side of the card?  This is the new embossing technique I came up with previously. (Click here to see.)  I made it using our Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  (Yes, I know.  It's a long name!)  You simply emboss it 2 times, in opposite directions.  I think it really adds a lot of detail to the card.

This card is my WOW card of the day.  With the silver accents, it's a real winner.  The beautiful Frosted Finishes embellishment on the ornament is just the frosting on the cake.  Click here to see another card with the extended arm version of the swing card using our Thinlits Circle Card die.
Next up, gorgeous Bermuda Bay:

I've used our Window Framelits to create a window.  The lattice is suspended inside the window.
Tip:
When working with vellum, you have to have a plan to hide the adhesive.  Otherwise, it will always show through your vellum.  For my card, I simply placed another piece of Bermuda Bay behind the vellum.  This hides the adhesive and also helps to hide the inside layer (with the message) from showing through.
As you can see, every card has a special message stamped inside and a coordinating envelope.  With our gorgeous Christmas papers, you just cannot help but have a winner each and every time.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...