Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Boo Wreath!

What's black, fluffy and scary cute?  A Boo Wreath, of course:)  I've been looking forward to sharing this with you!  You've seen a lot of wreaths that I've made and this one is really unique.  I have 2 of them on sale now at my Prairie Treasures booth at the Root Cellar and all my Halloween items are on sale this week, so if you're in the area you should go check it out.

This wreath features torn strips of black burlap and painted wooden letters.  Take a look:
Tips:
I used burlap ribbon instead of flat yardage.  It was much easier to cut into narrow strips.
I worked outside on our outdoor table, so the frayed pieces blew away to be used in bird nests.
I spray painted the wooden letters.  It was much quicker than hand painting them.
Once the paint was dry, I added glitter polka dots, using our Dazzling Details.  It comes in a little bottle, like glitter glue.  Again, quick and easy.
I let the polka dots dry overnight, so there was no possibility of messing them up.
I used a glue gun to attach the letters to the wreath.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...