Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Color Inspiration, Part 2 B: It's all about the boots!

Today, we continue my little series on using color inspiration to guide your artistic creations.  My first post in the series had colors inspired by Aaron digging in the yard.  Yesterday and today, our color inspiration comes from Aaron and Olive Jane playing on the deck.  The colors worked to make 2 totally different color stories, so I've divided the posts into 2 parts.  Aaron's was yesterday and Olive Jane's is today.  This stamp set is perfect for a card inspired by her outfit because she loves boots.  I'm sure she'd wear them a lot if she had a pair like these!

Here's today's card:



I could not get it to show up in the photo, but the card front is covered with a beautiful shimmer mist and the boots are embossed.
Tip:
When you have smaller areas to color, as on the boots, if you emboss first it makes it easier to color.
In this case, I also wanted the shiny look (that you get from embossing) for the soles of the boots.

The lined envelope just completes a perfect ensemble.  I used paper from the Brights DSP paper stack for the liner.

My color story:
Melon Mambo
Pink Pirouette
Daffodil Delight

Here's the photo that inspired my color story:
Come back for my next post:  Part 3 in my little series:)

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...