Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Using a Kit in a New Way: Thankful Chipboard Album

I love when you can come up with new and different ways to use a kit.  At Convention, we saw how to use the Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit to make a little album.  I actually came up with a way to make 2 different albums, using the same kit.  The album I'm sharing today is the one we'll be making at my Sept. 9 Scraps and Prayers class.  I can't wait to make it with them!

I decided to make this album be a long and tall album.  I used chipboard scraps from odds and ends of packaging for the front and back covers.  I always save the packaging because it comes in handy for a lot of projects.
The pleated piece across the middle of the album is actually intended to be a wrap, to decorate around a candle.  So is the 'birch' piece behind it.

I love all the rich texture and layers on the cover.  I will share a second little album I made from this same kit in a future post.  At that time, I'll give you a break-down of all I was able to make using 1 kit.   Now, don't get me wrong, I think the kit is great as an actual tablescape and I will be ordering a second kit to use for just that.  I think it will make a beautiful table for my Thanksgiving company.  Now, let's just hope we end up having family at our house this year.  Oh well.  If not, I'll save it for next year.  It's that pretty!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...