Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Christmas Card With a Special Technique

Today, let's take a look at a really beautiful card --- with a special technique.  This is one of the cards for my Friday Night Cards (Sept. 13) / Sunday Afternoon Cards (Sept. 15) classes.  I love the color combo!  And look!!!  Dasher is back ... in a smaller version!
I thought the new Dasher would be perfect for this Label Thinlits card.  At the class, I'll share with you how I made the extra flap on the card.
I used the new envelope liners framelits for the coordinating envelope.  The gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous DSP is called Winter Frost.  Next time you're in my studio, you'll notice that I have an entire display created for Christmas that is based on the colors in these beautiful papers.

By the way, the Dasher stamp is from a new Hostess stamp set in the Holiday Catalog, called Warmth and Wonder.  The 'frame' on which I stamped Dasher is part of the Thinlits Label Card die set.  I love how it is sized to let a border from the card base show around it.  I just had to line the envelope, too, to make a perfect compliment to the card.

FYI:
This is the BONUS CARD for my September Card Classes so, if you want to make this one, get a friend to sign up for the class, too.  Pay to register at least 2 days prior to the class.

CLICK HERE TO SEE A VIDEO FOR THINLITS CARD DIES.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...