Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

You're Too Kind / Special Technique

Here's another card I made with one of my favorite new stamp sets.  Do you notice something brand new on it?  Look carefully!


Did you find it?  It's my new embossing technique and it uses a brand new embossing folder!  Look at the card section below the stitched ribbon.  It is embossed both ways --- like a kind of plaid.  I got the idea while looking at a display board at Convention.  They didn't use the technique.  They had an embossed piece of CS on display, along with this embossing folder.  They way they hung the embossing folder over the embossed CS was with the stripes going the opposite direction.  I immediately thought of doing this with embossing.  It was so easy and so much fun!  The reason the embossed portion above the ribbon is only embossed 1 way is because of how it all is able to fit into the Big Shot.  I kind of like the look.

If you'd like to give it a try, I have 2 ways you can do it:
  • Come to my Friday Night Cards Class on August 9 and make this card.
  • Buy your own folder to play with designing using it.  It will be available on August 1.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I love the zebra card you made with this technique, too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...