Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

From cheese box to flower box... a fun project

If you know me at all, you know that I love all kinds of old boxes, even cheese boxes.  I had this idea to create something new and fun using an old cheese box.

 Isn't this cute?  I had a lot of fun making it.  The flowers are made using our circles die, crumpled (a LOT), and then layered.  I made them double-sided, so they look cute from the back, too.
When you crumple the papers this much, they take on the look of fabric.  They even have a soft feel, like fabric.  I also distressed the edges.
My challenge to you:
Start looking around your house for a fun container (such as an old cheese box) and make something fun and new out of it.  This is my idea of having a green thumb.  I know I won't kill these flowers.

I'm off to start planning out my container gardens for my back deck.  We have a huge deck, so I have a lot of containers to plant.  My goal is to plan where to place each pot before we add the dirt, so we won't be lugging around incredibly heavy pots.  Then, if the weather cooperates, I can start adding the dirt and then the plants.  I'm hoping to get the boys involved in the process, but it depends on time and the weather.  I usually do alright with outdoor plants, so here's hoping for the best:) 

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...