Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Twigs and Sprigs for My Front Porch

The wreath I shared with you yesterday was just a part of my new display on my front porch.  Today, I'll share with you the rest of it.  I decided to try something new this year --- some sprigs of twigs, for want of a better name.  It's like a floral spray, only it's twigs.  I rather like it.
I found this fabulous roll of burlap ribbon when I was at the fabric store a few days ago.  It's my new BFF.  I tied a strip of ribbon around the top of the twig sprig.  Then, I cut a V in the end of each piece.  Lastly, I added 3 fabric flowers to the top and it's all finished.  The flowers were attached with hot glue.

It's just that fun and easy to make a new arrangement for your porch.  A sprig like this would also be pretty on your front door.

Here's a close-up of the flowers.
I made an arrangement for each side of my front window.
I used 4 different colors of flowers altogether, varying each arrangement slightly.

Here's the total arrangement together.
Come back for my next post and I'll share with you a brand new kind of wreath I just made, along with a mini tutorial for making the fabric flowers you've been seeing here.  This is a super special wreath because it is the one we'll be making on April 24!!!  I really think you'll like it.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...