Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

This And That --- An Awesome Journal AND My 700th Post!!!

I am loving our new This and That journal.  It is a kind of smash book, where you can add pretty much whatever you'd like to put in it.  I've used all the stickers that came with it and decorated a lot of the pages.  The pages are gorgeous already, with the beautiful papers, so adding stickers was over the top in terms of fun.  I used some of the washi tape that came in the bundle, too.  It is really nice, super easy to use and adds a bit of fun to wherever you place it.  There was also a package of DSP that came with the bundle and I used a bit of that on the cover.  I'll be playing with it a lot more, for sure!

Here's a peek at the cover of my journal:
I painted on some gesso, just for fun, then started decorating the cover.  I used some of the DSP (from the bundle) and then added a bit of washi tape and some stickers.  For the finishing touch, I added a bit of lace from our Artisan Embellishment Kit and wrapped a Builder Brad around a bit of our woven ribbon.  Because the brad is on the front of a journal, I added a dot of Liquid Tombow before placing down the epoxy bubble in the center of it.  To keep it neutral, I used a punched piece of Crumb Cake CS under the bubble, rather than a bright color.
What will I put inside my journal?
  • all those odds and ends of little mementos that usually end up in a drawer, misplaced or lost...
  • funny quotes that the kids say and you don't want to forget...
  • extra photos not needed in a layout but too good to discard...
  • lists of plans, dreams, goals...
  • interesting quotes... (I love collecting quotes!)
  • story ideas... in case I ever get back to my writing  (I have good starts to several children's books.)...
  • odds and ends...
  • dates, when needed, using the super fun rotary stamp that came in the bundle... You can also use it to stamp little comments.
I've ordered a second journal to save for our next road trip or vacation.  Hmmmm... maybe I should get one to take to Convention, too.  I'm all registered for it!

This bundle is available until the end of April and then it all goes away until the new catalog comes out.  Give it a try and I think you'll enjoy it a lot.
  • How will you decorate the cover on your journal?
  • What will you put inside your journal?

By the way, I think these would make wonderful gifts.  I got one for each of the boys for when we have some of our 'project time' sessions this summer.  Shhhhh!  Don't tell them!  It's a surprise!

I'm off to work in my studio all morning and into the afternoon... love it!!!  Then, I'm going to the Wildflour for a late lunch with my daughter and to add lots of new goodies to my Prairie Treasures booth.  It's in the Root Cellar (basement) at the Wildflour and your really should go, if you live in the area.  It's a great place to find all kinds of treasures.  (The food in the bakery is yummy, too!)

Have a good day and a wonderful weekend.  I'm so thankful the thunder has stopped, so Toby Joe can calm down and be happy again.  Poor baby!  He has a hard time during the storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...