Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Retirement is Fun ... Changes are Good ... and my Last Try It Kit Journal

First up, I want to share my last Try It Kit journal with you.  This one is very vintage in style.  It was super fun to make it.  If you missed my previous posts, check back here and here.  
My previous post has all the details for making a journal.  For this one, I added some bits of burlap, crochet trim, linen thread and a fancy button from our Artisan Embellishments Kit.  I am not sure if I like this one the best or the one with the seashells and sand dollars.  I love them both.  After we lost my mother to cancer, in going through her things, we often found little notebooks and journals with notes jotted in them.  I must have inherited some sort of gene for loving little books and journals:)

The remainder of today's post is all about 'out with the old and in with the new.'  Retiring items are going fast and I'm knee deep in big plans for the remainder of the calendar year.  Throw out your old schedules and get ready to embrace the new --- new catalog, new products, new class events, new and improved class events ... and it's all good!

Even rubber stamps deserve a good retirement!  I love this guy.  This is just a reminder to check the retirement list frequently.  We have 2 lists going... one for stamps and one for accessories.  When items are gone; they're gone.  Also, I sometimes forget to mention that the retirement list includes discounts!!!  If you are planning on ordering to qualify to attend the May 5 Left-Overs Party, you can really stretch your dollars a long way.  You can order up a boatload of new goodies AND go home with a boatload of finished projects from the class, not to mention prizes!!!  It's a win-win situation!!!

Now, for the new!  Please note and save this information.  More details will be coming soon.

Our last Friday 3-4-5 will be May 10.
Our last Walk-In Wednesday will be May 22.
Our last round of Hostess Scrapbook Club will be June 3.

I am NOT doing away with all of these classes.  I am going about them in a better way; a way that will make better use of my time and yours and give us more for our money, as well.  

These new plans are based on comments such as:
"I love all your classes and wish I could attend them all...  I love being in a club, but don't know if I can commit for 6 months at a time... I love your cards and love making the cards with lots of layers and embellishments the best... I love projects --- all kinds of projects... I love making little albums... I need to win the lottery so I can come to everything... I have accumulated a lot of products and am outgrowing my space... I have accumulated a lot of products and need help using them all... I wish I could attend all your classes, but can only come so many times a month... "

I could go on and on but you get the idea.  You talk and I listen.

Here's a peek at what's in the works:

We will have a new club, starting July 1 --- a Stamp Club.
  • We will make all kinds of things, from cards to 3-D projects to scrapbooking...  
  • You will sign up for just 3 months at a time.  
  • I will show you everything that we'll be making for the 3 months BEFORE you sign up.  
  • You will be required to pay $40.00 at least 2-4 weeks prior to the date we meet.  
  • That money will be used for ordering all the products we will need to complete our special class projects.  
  • All products left over from kits and packages, etc. you will get to keep and take home.  
  • Stamp Club members may still attend Scraps and Prayers for 1/2 price.
  • All classes will now include adhesive in the price of the class.  You won't have to bring your own.
  • I think you will love the variety of projects that you will get to create.
  • Instead of feeling bad that you can't be in a club AND come to a stamp camp, this will be a combined type of event.  You can do it all!!!
  • More details soon, as well as sneak peeks at projects. 

Instead of a Friday 3-4-5 Card Buffet Class, we will have a Friday Night Cards Class.  
  • This class will still meet on the second Friday of each month.
  • You will make 6 beautiful cards, that have layers, embellishments, perhaps a bit of bling...
  • Envelopes AND adhesive will be included.
  • I will spread the type of cards out to include all occasions and focus a lot on holidays as we near each special holiday --- particularly Fall and Christmas. 
  • Class fee will be just $16. and you must pay to register at least 2 days prior to the class. 
  • All classes will now include adhesive in the price of the class.  You won't have to bring your own.
Instead of 3rd Thursday or other types of Stamp Camps, I am moving those projects to the Stamp Club.  It gives everyone more opportunity to do more!
  • You will see all projects ahead of time and can sign up for just 3 months at a time.  
  • You will get way more in value than the $40. you'll spend each month for the 3 months; I'm positive! 
The one class I will no longer be offering is the Walk-In Wednesday.  I liked doing it, but it was not supported enough to merit adding it to the schedule on a regular basis.  It was an experiment.  If you miss a class, I will still make a kit for you and be sure that you get it finished.  You will not be left out in the cold. 

Christmas News / Christmas Retreat
  • I am still, tentatively planning on a Christmas Retreat (Sat., Nov. 16) to help us prepare for the holidays. 
  • Details for this event will be announced soon.  
  • Save the date!  
  • If you join the Stamp Club, we will make holiday creations, as we get closer to the holidays.  
  • The Friday Night Cards Class will include some Christmas cards, as we get closer to the holidays.
  • If you join Stamp Club, attend Friday Night Cards Class AND come to the Christmas Retreat, you will end up with way more than previously planned in the schedule AND at a great deal of time and savings to us all.
So, in summary, here's what will be on the calendar for each month:
  • Stamp Club
  • Scraps and Prayers
  • Team Meeting
  • Friday Night Cards Class
  • Special Events will be added occasionally, if noted, such as the Christmas Retreat
So... that's a lot to digest for one day.  You may want to print this out.  It is tentative, so I will let you know if there are any changes, errors, or anything.  Please let me know if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...