Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Storage Tips: Framelits and Embellishments

Today's post is dedicated to my daughter, Jenn and it's all about getting organized ... with your framelits.
As you know, yesterday was Day 3 of my Work Like a Dog mission.  I accomplished so much that I want to keep going.
Something amazing has happened to my calendar and I find myself with 3 more days open, so I will continue my mission for 3 more days.
By Sunday, I'll need a good rest.  I marked off a lot of entries on my To Do list yesterday, including getting all my Framelits organized.

So, before I begin Day 4 of my Work Like a Dog mission, I'll share with you what I did.

Want to see?  But wait!!!  Before I go any further, I want to give a big thank you to my daughter, Jennifer, for designing all these cases.  I truly did not have time to deal with it right now and my storage needed help.  I told her what I needed and she took it from there.  She is a creative and wonderful person.  Thanks, Jenn!!!

OK, Here you go!  Aren't these great?  I love them!
All MDS designs are by Jennifer and copyright Stampin' Up!

To organize your framelits:
  • Talk someone sweet into designing case inserts for you because you've been too busy to do it yourself.
  • Have that sweet someone design them on MDS.
  • Order them through our print services.
  • Trim new inserts to fit the cases.
  • Insert inside the plastic covering on the cases.
  • Step back and enjoy ... and notice that you really have a lot of framelits:)
  • Put them away.  
It will be easy to find the one you want now without having to look through every case to do it.

Tip:
I ran out of our retired Magnetic Sheets so, at the suggestion of one of my customers, I used magnets from an office supply store that were designed for business cards.  There's much less trimming to do to fit inside the cases.  Thanks for the tip, Marsha!

I wanted a way to label the cases I use for embellishments, so I had Jenn design a case insert with a place to write a different title on each one.  I store my pearls, rhinestones, paper daisies, shaker frames, etc. in these cases.  It's nice to have them all contained in easy-to-store cases.
All MDS designs are by Jennifer and copyright Stampin' Up!

All MDS designs are by Jennifer and copyright Stampin' Up!

To design each case, Jenn had to create the shapes of the framelits using various punches in the MDS program.  She put in a lot of work on this project!!!  

All MDS designs are by Jennifer and copyright Stampin' Up!

Look closely on the case above and you'll see that the arrow is pointing to a portion of the largest framelit that is actually extending outside the storage case.  The reason for this is that the largest framelit wouldn't otherwise fit inside the case.  

Jenn had my son-in-law cut an opening in the side of the case to accommodate the largest framelit.  I store my cases upright (like books) in a cabinet and there is a ton of room behind the cases, so it doesn't hurt it any to hang out a bit.

All MDS designs are by Jennifer and copyright Stampin' Up!

So, while I'm off to continue Day 4 of my Work Like a Dog mission, I hope I've inspired you to get busy and design something, create something, or organize something.  Oh, and in case you're wondering, I get like this every Spring.  I'm like Wonder Woman on crack --- or, in my case, lots of Diet Coke.  I know... I need to stop drinking so much of it.  

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you like them! And yes, you do need to stop drinking so much Diet Coke!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is all I have to say about that. I love the designs. I wonder if I could pay for some for my cases, or better yet have the designer tell me how to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...