Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Faux Diamond Dust ... and...Happy Birthday, Ben!

My oldest grandchild is nine years old today.  In honor of Benjamin, here's a little more green for you, with a touch of sparkle.  Ben adds a lot of sparkle to my life!  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful grandson.  Where does the time go that he can be nine already?

Here's a close-up of the sparkle:


The technique used to create the sparkle is called Faux Diamond Dust.  It's really easy and produces WOW results every time.

Here's how you do it:
  • Stamp your image, as I've stamped the shamrock.
  • If you're going to use a punch to create a particular shape, punch it now.
  • Cover the entire stamped piece with VersaMark ink.
  • Sprinkle on Iridescent Ice EP and heat emboss it until it turns slightly darker and really sparkles.
  • Do not overheat or you'll lose some of the sparkle.
  • That's it!  It's just that easy.  

Here's the card I made.  As you can see, it's a slightly stepped up version of the card in my previous post.  As always, I've stamped a coordinating envelope, too.  The DSP is from the Print Poetry little pack of fabulous papers.


I'm off to go wrap Ben's presents now.  It should be a fun day.  I plan to do a little birthday celebrating with him and a little stamping in my studio.  Yesterday, I made some really fun bunny projects.  I'll be sharing those soon.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...