Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Pink Basket with Bunny

Today's post is all about the pink -- for Easter, that is.  When I was at the fabric store a while back, I found a couple of round baskets on sale.  I couldn't wait to get home and decorate them!  They were just the size I wanted and I loved that they were round.  I'll show you the pink one today and then you can come back tomorrow to see the blue one.
I added an Easter egg photo holder to the basket to hold the tag.
I tucked in a bunny, also in pink.  If you missed my post about the bunny, check here.
I tied a big ribbon bow onto each side of the basket, using our gorgeous 2-Tone ribbon.  The flower trim and the skirt on the basket are attached using a hot glue gun.  I have the scars to prove it:)  A hot glue gun seems to be the easiest and best way to do a project like this, but it is not for the feint of heart.  You do get burned a bit.
I attached some of our flower trim across the top of the handle.  It adds a lot to the look of the basket.  I tucked in more of the tulle and even attached a tiny sprig of it to the tag.  There is still room to add some Easter treats to the basket.  
I made this for my Prairie Treasures booth (Root Cellar, Wildflour) but I had a hard time letting it go.  I think it turned out quite pretty.  I'm sure it will go to a good home:)

I hope you like it and will come back tomorrow to see my blue one.  Have a great day.  My day will be better after we get our tax appointment over and then I can get back to creating.

We had a good time at my first Walk-In Wednesday last night.  I had several people forget to come, because it was new to my schedule.  Next time, they'll remember and join us.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...