Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

A Fishy Card

Today's card would be a great card for a guy.  It seems like everyone is always looking for a masculine card idea, so here you go.  But... don't be surprised if the ladies like it, too.

I have to say that I love it too, because I just have always liked fish, water, seashell, or ocean themed cards.  I think it's because I love the ocean and I love my guy who likes to fish.  He won't eat them, but he loves to go fishing.  Go figure.

 My color story:
  • Soft Suede
  • Marina Mist
  • Very Vanilla
 Inks:
  • Soft Suede
  • Lucky Limeade
Coloring with the Aqua Painter (on the fish):
  • Marina Mist
  • Lucky Limeade 
Could there be a better combo for this card?  I'm pretty happy with it.
I did a lot of layering on this card --- with inks, as well as CS.  I stamped the background in various shades of Lucky Limeade (stamping off to lighten) and then went over it with Illuminate Ink, embossing it with clear EP.  I just could not capture all that in a photo.  You need to see it in real life.  The seahorses were stamped in Soft Suede.  The fish were stamped on separate CS, cut out and attached with dimensionals.
If you look very closely, you'll notice that I used the debossed side of the embossed layer.  Why?  I just wanted a different look for this card.  I like how it works together with the focal pieces.

I stamped the inside of the card and added a little bit of decorating in the bottom corner.  Notice that whenever I use a darker color for the card base, I add a lighter color of CS inside, so you can easily write in your card.

I'm off to continue Day 5 of my Work Like a Dog mission.  So far... so good:)

By the way, I noticed that I had reached over 50,000 hits on Wednesday.  Thanks for stopping by and letting me share some of what I love with you.  Be sure to keep coming back because I have lots more to share with you ... for Easter, Spring... and more.  While you're here, before you go, be sure you've signed up as a 'follower' of my blog.  I'd be honored.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...