Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Decorated Basket for Spring

Today I have a basket for you that I decorated with more of our wonderful fabric.  The fabric I used for this one is from our Twitterpated collection.  It's a really good fabric for Spring projects.  Yes, I'm just going to keep making Spring projects until our Spring actually decides to show up for us.

The basket started out without a bunny, but I just knew that it wouldn't be complete without it.
I came across a super find at the fabric store for the pink tulle.  It is sold in the wedding/bridal section and it comes in a package of 25 (10" circles).  You can just gather them up in the middle and poke them down into the basket.  It makes a super nice filler and there's no mess.
The ribbon just makes it into a gorgeous little basket.  Our 2-Tone ribbons are gorgeous!
I made a tag for my basket using tags and flowers from our Pop-Up Posies kit.
The fabric insert for the basket was super simple.  I pressed 1 complete piece of the fabric (similar size to a fat quarter) and then folded it in half with wrong sides together.  I stitched it together leaving just enough opening to turn it once I'd finished stitching.  After turning it to right-side out, I sewed up the opening and then pressed it again.  The size just fits this basket and is big enough to make a liner and a 'skirt' all in one piece.
I tied a big ribbon bow on each side of the basket.

It does look best with a bunny though.  Right?
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a creative day and don't forget to stock up on our fabric while it's 50% off.  I just ordered several packages --- all on sale!

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you --- I finished my taxes today!!!  Yay!  What a relief.  Now I can play more with my stamping goodies!!!  Again, Yay!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...