Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

A Cute Little Note Card for Spring and Some Coloring Tips

Today, let's enjoy a touch of Spring, with a cute little note card.  The temperatures are supposed to go up this weekend, so this will really get us looking forward to Spring.

This card will be one of the choices at my next Friday 3-4-5 Card Buffet.  I got carried away this time and, instead of 12 choices, you'll have 14 choices.  Cards left over after the class will be available for the next Walk-In Wednesday (March 27).

And now --- a touch of Easter spells Spring, for sure!
The patterns of eggs in the DSP inspired me to pull out the Everybunny stamp set, so I could use this adorable little bunny.

The colors in the DSP help do all the planning for you --- ribbon, ink colors --- all made simple.
As you know, I love to coordinate the envelope with the card, so I stamped this same little bunny onto the envelope.  

I've used one of my favorite tools for coloring for this card --- the Aqua Painter.  I did not even take the time or trouble to squeeze the ink pad and make a puddle of color (in the lid) for painting my images, although you certainly could do so.  

What I did was even quicker and easier AND helps to keep you from getting too much liquid on your brush tips.  I squeezed my Aqua Painter just enough to get the brush tip damp.  You do NOT want too much water on your brush tip!  Then, I just stroked directly over the ink pad to pick up the color for my painting.  The more color you pick up, the darker your image will be.

NOTE:
  • Do you see that the image on the envelope is slightly darker than the image on the card?  To do this, I just picked up more color.  
  • As with all watercolor painting, your image will always dry slightly lighter.
  • By controlling where you apply your color, you can add beautiful and subtle shading to your images.
  • Because I'm not getting my images too wet, I used regular Whisper White CS and stamped with Basic Gray ink.
  • If you want your coloring to be wetter, use Shimmery White CS or watercolor paper and stamp your images with StazOn ink.
My finishing touches:
  • a sprig of ribbon, in a knotted bow
  • sponging around the punched pieces
  • attaching the punched pieces with dimensionals
I hope every bunny enjoyed my card today:)  Now, go stamp something ...  and have a great weekend!    

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...