Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Beautiful Spring Card

Today's card is perhaps the heaviest card I've ever created, due to its numerous layers.  I love it!


My color story is Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose, and Wild Wasabi.  I've used the coordinating framelits and stamp set to make it easy to create this card.
  • Daydream Medallions stamp set
  • Floral Framelits
  • Bitty Banners framelits
  • Fancy Fan embossing folder
At my last Team Meeting, my plan was to 'play' with stamp sets that we felt like we hadn't used enough yet since we bought them.  I chose this set.  I think the only reason I haven't used it enough is because we just plain have so many wonderful things to use in our creations that sometimes a product gets set aside and neglected.  We have to go looking for them, dust them off and get busy using them.
This is the time of year that I start thinking about the new catalog coming out in June and want to be sure that I've used everything I have on hand, in case it retires.


Every layer of my floral accent is up on dimensionals, to give it lots of depth.  I also love the texture of the embossed layer behind it.  The greeting is just adhered by putting a touch of Liquid Tombow onto the end of the banner and slipping it in between 2 of the layers of my floral piece.  


So this is Day 2 of my Work Like a Dog mission.
Are you wondering how I am coming along on my 3-day plan to do some catching up in my life?    Yesterday, I did pretty well.  I accomplished quite a lot and have even bigger plans for today.  Let's hope I don't run out of steam.  

One thing on my list yesterday was to go to the fabric store and get some supplies for some new Spring projects --- supplies to go with my Stampin' Up! products, of course.  I really never buy something that competes with Stampin' Up!  That would be like shooting myself in the foot instead of promoting our own products, which I love.  I only go for items that I need to go with them, such as wreath bases, mosses, etc.  You get the idea.  Anyway, I found some great inspiration, including some baskets on sale that I plan to decorate with some of our fabrics.  I can't wait to get going on them, but I am sticking to my 'to do' list, I promise.  So, I'm off to add more goodies to my booth and then work the rest of the day in my studio.  


Here's the inside of the card:

Check back soon to see more projects we made at our Team Meeting, as well as lots more inspiration for Spring cards, decor, gifts and more.  Like I said, I have big plans:)

Have a great day and let me know what you think of my multi-layered card.  Do you have any stamp sets or other products that have collected dust?  Get them out and go make something wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...