Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Boxing Fun and a Big Thank You

Have I got a fun post for you today!  I had a ton of fun making boxes using our Boutique Boxes Kit and I want to share with you just what I did.

Before I start, I'd also like to say a big thank you.  I've reached over 45,000 hits now and I just want to thank you for stopping by to see what I have to share with you.  I hope you'll do me the honor of signing up to become a 'follower' as well.  You can also sign up to receive my posts by email or through being 'networked'.  It's quick and easy.  Be sure to share a comment now and then, too.  I love hearing from you.  You may have a question, want to express what kind of posts you like to see, or share an idea with everyone.  So, a big thank... and now... on to today's post.
Aren't these cute?

The kit comes with everything you need to make 8 boxes.  There's a belly band to wrap around your box, cute little embellishments --- including buttons ---  and even a little card for the inside.  The embellishments are not all the same, either, so you get a lot of variety.  For example, you get 4 different designs of belly bands.

Of course, I didn't want to make all my boxes with just the kit, so I added some roses (from my dyeing project) to some and some bow ties to some.  I did use the cute little feathers and make those boxes pretty much as intended.  I did not, however, use the little circle pieces or baker's twine (intended for box closures) and I did not use the little tag pieces.  I saved those to use on an additional project.  All the doilies and belly bands from the boxes that I used with bow ties, I saved for my other projects.
So what else did I make because I didn't use all the pieces as intended?

I made this fun layout:
Here are the little flags...
... and here are the little circles ... and baker's twine on both...
...and a few extra embellishments (above and below)...
All I added were the 12 X 12" sheets for the pages and the then I cut and added photo mats.  I love the layout.  As soon as I saw those flags and circles, I knew exactly what I wanted to make!  I love when that happens!!!

But wait!  There's more!

I also made a bunch of cards:

I cut card bases and used more of the embellishment pieces, added a little this and that... and now I have a bunch of cards:



So... you're probably thinking that I made a lot (and I did!) and wondering just how many kits I had for all this.  The answer... I had just 2 kits!  It was a ton of fun to see what all I could come up with to make these.

Altogether, I made:
16 boxes
11 cards
1 complete 12 X 12" layout

Super great news:
A gift card fits perfectly into the cute little boxes.  What a fun way to give a special gift!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Lana! Lots of great ideas that you've shared and people appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment and for stopping by to my little blog. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...