Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Swallowtail Butterfly

Today's post is about a gorgeous new stamp:  our Swallowtail.  It is really large and truly gorgeous.  Which color combo do you like the best?
Now, here are several variations of the same card.  Be sure to let me know which combo you like the best.  I've asked all my customers and it's kind of coming in a triple tie so far.

So... here's the card.  My card base is Pacific Point.  The CS layers are Lucky Limeade and Marina Mist.  I used all these colors to sponge the colors onto my butterfly.  The butterfly was stamped in VersaMark and embossed with white EP.  You just lightly sponge over it with a circular motion.  I used sponge daubers and then smoothed it out a little more with a sponge.
Now here's where you get to vote:
version 1, top left --- sponged with just Marina Mist.
version 2, top middle --- sponged with just Pacific Point.
version 3, top right --- sponged with just Lucky Limeade.
version 4, bottom (my original version) --- sponged with all 3 colors.
Here's my card again with the entire butterfly.  I used our new hexagon embossing folder for the layer behind it.  I only attached the middle of the butterfly because I wanted this one to really be dimensional.   I would hand deliver a card like this, or attach it to a gift.  Be sure to vote!!!
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...