Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Sneak Peek for More Cardmaking Fun

I love the look of crisp, clean, black and white cards.  They are so elegant and sophisticated.  I've been busy in my studio making some fun cards for my class this Thursday night (3rd Thursday Class) we are going to be making 20 cards --- 4 each of 5 designs.  The categories will be:
Birthday
Wedding/Anniversary
Sympathy
Get Well / Thinking of You
Thank You

Today, I'll show you 2 of the cards.  These 2 are for the categories of sympathy and wedding.  The wedding card my be adapted for an anniversary (or even an engagement card) with just a quick change of sentiments.
I used an embossing folder on the larger white layer on the front of each card.  It adds so much to a card and really bumps up the elegance factor.
It's difficult to see it in a photo, but I've added a spritzing of shimmer to the embossed layer of the card.  I added a couple of red hearts to the inside, for a fun little pop of color.
The 'Mr. and Mrs.' stamp is one of our single stamps.  I've actually used it quite a bit already.  The flourish on the envelope is one of my favorite stamps, from the Everything Eleanor stamp set. 
The Love and Sympathy stamp set is another of my very favorite stamp sets.  The flower image lends itself to lots more than just sympathy cards, too.

I always try to make my sympathy cards as elegant as possible because, when you make a sympathy card, you're sending a message of caring at a difficult time for the recipient and you want it to really be special.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...