Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Antiques and Family Fun

I have an inner ear problem that has grounded me from driving, so I'll catch up on some blogging while I'm home.  I had such a great day yesterday.  I had a workshop and had so much fun sharing new products and new techniques with everyone.  We had a great time!  After the workshop, Matt and Jen came over with Olive Jane.  We had pizza and then Olive Jane had fun playing with the boys.   While I was holding her I asked her if she knew that she was the sweetest little girl in the whole world.  She quickly leaned in and gave me a big kiss.  Wow!  That blew me away.  She started the visit by running to me with open arms and that made my day, my week, my year!  What a sweetheart.

I have a chunk of free time this week, so I'll be working up a storm in my studio.  I'll be getting ready for my Winter Scrap and Stamp Retreat this next Saturday.  I'll also be working ahead on more goodies for my Prairie Treasures booth at the Root Cellar and making more cards and projects to add to my displays in my studio.  It sounds like a lot of stamping coming up!

If you follow my blog, you know how much I like to go antiquing.  On one of our trips, I came across this grungy old scale and just fell in love with it.  My husband surprised me by getting it and putting it back for me for Christmas.  Want to see my new display?

Here is my newest scale:
Here are some of the spools from my spooling collection.  In the center, is the hour glass that my daddy made for me.  The photo is of my mother-in-law and her two sisters when they were very young.  I think it's a great photo!
Here are the two scales I got just last summer.  I didn't know I was starting a new collection, but just fell in love with them.  I like the grungy ones!  I don't think this collection can get too large, because the scales themselves are a bit bulky:) 
Notice the holes in the spool in the back?  That's my favorite spool.  It reminds me of a musical instrument.  Sometimes I wrap old lace around the spools.
So, here they all are.  What do you think?
Come back soon to see more fun projects that I want to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...