Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What a Fun Evening!

We had so much fun at my Hostess Scrapbook Club last night.  I gave them their surprise gift --- a personalized MDS page I designed for each of them --- and then we made a layout AND a Christmas card.  I love spoiling my ladies ('Stamping Ladies' as my grandsons refer to them).

Here's the layout we made: 
The base is Soft Suede and then we added a (10" square) layer of Crumb Cake and another layer (9" square torn diagonally) of Very Vanilla.  We stamped snowflakes onto the Crumb Cake layer, using Illuminate Ink and then, using VersaMark Ink we stamped more snowflakes onto the Very Vanilla.  We embossed these with White EP and then sponged over them with Soft Suede.

To add more interest, we used a Soft Suede Marker and the Color Spritzer Tool and added a few 'splatters' and followed that up with a gentle spritzing of Frost White Shimmer Paint/alcohol mixture.

After everything dried and cooled and the layers were all attached (ribbons are tucked under the Crumb Cake layer) we added pearl accents.  It's much prettier in real life, but you can get the idea here.

This layout was inspired by this card that I designed:
For our Christmas Card, I made up more kits of a popular card, designed by Lynn in my downline.  Lynn, everyone loves your design!  I changed very little.  It's really pretty.
I hope your holiday preparations are going well.  My grandsons are enjoying the antics of Elfie and finding him in a new place each day.  He's quite a busy little guy.

I'm busy today putting in our club order (another lucky person won a free family of ink pads!  Yay!) and completing more items to add to my booth at the Root Cellar.  Somewhere in my time today, I need to order some more Christmas gifts!  So much fun... so little time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...