Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Shimmery Leaves

I have been enjoying the beautiful Fall leaves so much this year.  I always take great joy in studying the colors in nature.  To me, as an artist, it's all about playing with color.  Today, I have a layout for you, for Fall.  We made this at our last Hostess Scrapbook Club crop.


I used Soft Suede as the background and took the colors directly from our Orchard Harvest DSP.  I added a strip of Champagne Glimmer Paper, using the Tasteful Trim die, to the layers of DSP.

The 'v' cuts in the flag strips are done with a square punch.  I also stamped some leaves onto the background CS, for added texture,

After stamping and cutting out the leaves, I placed them in an old cake pan and spritzed them with my Frost White Shimmer Paint/alcohol mixture.  It makes a really nice finishing touch to the layout.

So, an easy layout for a beautiful Fall day.  I cannot believe we're into November already.  I'll be busy with a lot more Christmas projects soon, so come back and see what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...