Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

A Pair of Ornaments

For this chilly morning, I have a pair of ornaments for you.  These were made with our framelits.  Using the Big Shot makes this a fun and easy card to create.
I love the clean, crisp look of white on white, so I added a layer of white on top of the white card base.  I embossed the top layer with our Northern Flurry embossing folder, stamped the sentiment and added a strip of ribbon, all before attaching the top layer to the card.  The sentiment is from Greetings of the Season, from the Holiday catalog.  I think it's one of the prettiest stamp sets ever because it contains 4 beautiful greetings, each with a gorgeous font.
You'll notice that I'm still using a touch of Gumball Green (a frequent player in my Christmas cards this year) but I've switched from my beloved Cherry Cobbler to Raspberry Ripple.  I love the stitched satin ribbon and it looks so pretty on this card.  I could have made it into a bow, but I decided to keep it simple and let the focus remain on the ornaments.  I've used white baker's twine to 'hang' the ornaments onto the card.

So, that's it for today.  Have a beautiful day and don't forget to use a warmer coat if you live in my area.  It's chilly out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...