Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tea Bag Holder Tutorial

Today, I have a tutorial for you so you can make your own tea bag holder.  They are quick, fun and easy!  What more could you want?

Here are 3 versions of them.  I used the sheet of squares from the Snow Festival DSP (Holiday catalog) and cut them up for lots of covers for the tea bag holders.  I added bits of bling using the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details.  I finished them off with a 'sprig' of Cherry Cobbler seam binding.

Here's how you do it:



Step by step:
  • Start with a 3 1/2 X 11" piece of CS.
  • Score at 3 1/2" ... 4" ... and 7 1/2", using the Simply Scored tool.
  • Score diagonally from  7 1/2" to outer, bottom right corner (using Diagonal Scoring Plate).
  • Cut off top right corner, as shown in above diagrams.
  • Fold on all score lines.
  • Run a thin line of Liquid Tombow adhesive along bottom right section.
  • Fold that section in to form a pocket to hold your treat.  Hold a few seconds, to allow the glue to set.
  • Decorate to your heart's content.  Enjoy!



Here's a look at the inside.  You could decorate the inside too, if you wish.  I kept this one super simple.
I told you it was easy!  Now, let's think of more things that you could place inside the holder other than a tea bag:

  • coffee mix
  • cocoa mix
  • chocolate square
  • mini note card
  • gift card
  • your ideas...
I'm off to work in my studio today --- all day.  How glorious!  I'm putting together creations for all of my upcoming Holiday classes.  I'm having so much fun doing it.  I hope you'll join us for lots of Holiday stamping!  Here's a peek at what's coming in November.  You'll notice that I added a new class --- 15 cards (3 each of 5 designs) on Nov. 29.  So... don't panic that you don't have enough cards to send.  We'll fix you up in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...