Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

A Pair of Pears

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend.  Today, I have a pair of pears for you --- the closest I'll ever come to doing home canning:)
I love using the DSP strips to make the little 'flags.'  They are quite the trend now.  You can use a square punch to nip the v-shape on the end of the flag.

I made good use of linen thread on 4 parts of this card.
  • It's wrapped around the top layer of the card.  
  • It's used to tie on the bitty banner.  
  • It's used to 'tie' on the lid of the jar.  
  • It's threaded through the button.
I added extra dimension to the pears by attaching one flat (Liquid Tombow adhesive) and then overlapping the second pear and popping it up on dimensionals.

Remember:  Planning a color story for your project is so easy when you use the colors in the DSP to plan your project.  It takes out all the guess work and guarantees a successful color story every time.

I'm off to work in my studio.  I need to finish my layout for my Scraps and Prayers class tonight.  We're making a Halloween layout this time.  We had a good time at the Friday 3-4-5 class last Friday and will post some of those projects soon, too.

Come back often to see all my seasonal cards and projects.  It's the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...