Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Box of Tags... or Whatever you'd like to put in it...

Today, I'd like to share a simple tutorial with you for how to make this cute little box.



It's a nice size and can hold tags, as shown, or any little gift you'd like to put in it, even candy:)

Here's how you do it:
Step by step:
  • Cut CS to 8 1/4 X 5 1/2" --- so you can get 2 boxes out of 1 sheet of CS.
  • Score at 1/4", 3 1/2", 4 1/4", and 7 1/2".
  • Turn and score at 3/4".  (This is the bottom score line.)
  • Cut away tiny corner on bottom , as shown in above photo.
  • Cut in a little on each of the tabs --- bottom middle, and bottom right, as shown.
  • You can emboss and or decorate your box now while it's still flat.
  • Fold along all score lines (shown in photo as dotted lines).
  • Attach sides and then bottom, using Liquid Tombow adhesive.
  • Add any final embellishments that you'd like to add.

Here's a version for Halloween, along with a coordinating card.  After I uploaded the photos, I realized that I'd forgotten the googlie eye for my mummy, so I've added it now and you'll be happy to know that he can see again.



I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial.  I had it all ready to go yesterday or it wouldn't have made it today at all.  My father-in-law died late last night and we will be making arrangements for his memorial service today.  He lived to be 93.  Keep us in your thoughts and prayers and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...