Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Watercolor Winter

Here's a quick post from Chattanooga, TN.  I made this card with the Watercolor Winter stamp set.  The set is designed to be a 2-step stamping design but it also lends itself to stamping just the outline and then coloring it in with colors of your choice.  I used my favorite coloring method:  using an Aqua painter and stroking it directly onto the ink pad to pick up colors.  You can add subtle shading using this method.  It's really a very easy way to color.
My colors are gumball green and cherry cobbler.  The 'Noel' is from the Greetings of the Season stamp set.  I stamped the poinsettia, cut it out and attached it with dimensionals, to let it 'pop' right off the card.  I seem to have a lot of cherry cobbler going on lately... and that's a good thing.  

I'm here in Chattanooga for the Stampin' Up! Regionals tomorrow.  I hope I learn a lot and have lots to share with you.  After a long day of traveling, I'm ready to call it a night.  Add to that, we lost an hour in changing time zones and then, once we reached the hotel, I realized that I'd left all my makeup at home and had to make a trip to WalMart.  Yikes!  I hope what I grabbed won't be too horrible.  I'd rather be stamping than hunting for makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...