Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Worth the Effort

Ever since the new Holiday Catalog came out, I have wanted to make the card shown on page 19.  It's so elegant.  Here's my take on it. 

I added even 1 more layer (some Basic Black) to it, so it would work in one of my studio displays.  My other colors are Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso.  The stamp set is called Evergreen.  I could not get it to show up in the photo, but I stamped off for the tree in the background (with Crumb Cake) and then stamped over it with our new Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin' Pad.  Wow!  Say that 3 times in a row:)  It adds a subtle sheen that is gorgeous in real life.

Cards like this don't just go into a normal mailing envelope.  They are hand delivered or added to a gift box.  They are for someone very special.
This card was a lot more involved than your typical Christmas card, but well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...