Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Super Easy and Fun Project!

Once in a while I come up with an idea that works out to be incredibly easy and fun.   I love when that happens!  Today's post is one of those projects.  I wanted to put some new wreaths on my front porch and decided to make them myself.  Here's what I designed. 



Here's a close-up of the flowers:

Here's how you do it:
  • Purchase 2 grapevine wreaths.
  • Get out your Fun Flowers die and your Big Shot.
  • Cut 4 layers of fabric at a time, with a CS shim.
  • Cut 1 entire package of our fabrics.  
  • Cut 2 more burlap flowers of chocolate burlap.
  • Cut 2 more burlap flowers of crumb cake burlap.
  • Assemble the flowers, using 2 layers of each size/shape per flower.
  • You'll need 8 flowers per wreath if you do them like mine.
  • Add an Antique Brad to the center of each flower.
  • Attach flowers to wreaths, using a hot glue gun.
Note:
These supplies will be enough to make TWO wreaths.

Give this project a try because it is so worth the effort and didn't even take all that long to make both wreaths.  I added a wire to the back of each of my wreaths, so they won't blow off the hooks when it's windy. 


2 comments:

  1. Very cute idea. You are so creative. An inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I'm pleased with how it looks on my porch.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...