Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hello, stranger!

After being really sick for a very long time, I'm finally back in action.  Unfortunately, I'll have to divide my catch-up time between stamping, finishing taxes, and catching up laundry and cleaning.  Such is the reward for being sick in the Spring.
As for my plans to feature a portion of each section of the big catalog between now and the end of May, we'll just have to see how that plays out.  Sometime, no matter how great our plans may be, illness or family priorities get in the way.  Rest assured, I will continue to use as many of my stamps as possible for the next few weeks.
The boys are coming back for Easter break and my DIL and I continue to work on our projects for Olive Jane's first birthday, so I will be busy doing LOTS of stamping and family activities.  I will share, I promise.
For today, here's a look at the card design I came up with for our church cards for the April birthdays:

I tried to capture the scoring details on the left side of the Whisper White top layer, but it just doesn't show up well in the photo.  I scored 3 little lines --- from the back --- so it would show as a raised detail on the front of the card.  This is a super simple card, but so elegant.  Again, I paired Concord Crush with Pear Pizzazz and used the 'huffing' technique with Stampin' Write Markers ----- so fun and easy.  The greeting is from Sincere Salutations and the flower image is from Love and Sympathy.
I made a few extra for us to use for friends' birthdays.  Here's hoping that I can continue playing catch up until I can actually get there!

2 comments:

  1. I love this card. I was so sorry to hear that you have been sick but glad to hear you are doing better. Where has the time gone? I am wondering if you will be attending convention this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the card. Yes, Jenn and I both plan to attend Convention this year. We can't wait for the fun to begin!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...