Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

A SPRING CARD WITH CHIPBOARD

Here's a fun card I made for Spring, using a recycled piece of chipboard for an accent.  This also fits a sketch challenge for a Spring card and, as you know, Spring has been calling my name!
I've used our S-A-B Everyday Enchantment DSP for the card and to cover the chipboard accent.  If you're like me, it's easy to come across odds and ends of left-over embellishments, like my chipboard and so fun to put it to use in a new project.
This is a 5 1/4" square card.  It's fun to use this larger size when you want to include larger accent pieces.  I've added Pool Party ruffled ribbon for an accent across the front.  I used the Decorative Label punch for the sentiment (from the Sincere Salutations stamp set) and sponged around the edges, to add more dimension.
As you can see, this card has lots of green (very Spring!!!) and lots of dimension.  I used the Fun Flowers die to cut the layers of the flower and added one of our In Color brads to the center.  I finished off the card with a spritzing of my Frost White Shimmer Paint/alcohol mixture to give it lots of sparkle.
So, here's to green (another fun challenge) and to going green (with reusing old chipboard) and to Spring!

7 comments:

  1. Your flower is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you took both meanings of "green" for your card! The flower is fabulous, too. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of that lovely paper! A green card made with green practices...perfect! Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that paper, too. It was fun being green and fun participating in the challenge.

      Delete
  4. I love that dimensional flower... it does look very vintage spring! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...