Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sketch Challenge: Round or Square?

Happy Groundhog Day!  I know what movie my husband will want to watch tonight.  He loves that movie!  No, I don't have a groundhog stamp or a groundhog project, but I have some fun scallops for today.
I made these cards to participate in a Mojo Monday sketch challenge.  It could be round or square.  I'll post my favorite one (the one I entered for the challenge) first.
The Poppy Parade and coordinating colors just wake you up! 
I colored the images using inks (Peach Parfait, Coral Calypso, Poppy Parade and Lucky Limeade) and the Aqua Painter. 
Tip:
I almost always emboss first whenever I plan to color an image.  It's much easier to color the areas if you've embossed first and you don't have to worry about smearing the ink.
Here's another round version I made.  I used the bird shape from the Movers and Shapers die to coordinate with the little birds in the DSP.
These cards are both easel cards.  Another day, I'll show you how to make one, using lots of dies with the Big Shot.   
Warning:  These cards are fun, easy and very addictive!  OK, you've been warned:)


Here are the square cards I made, using the same sketch design.  I decided that I'd stay with the scallops.  You only needed to enter 1 card for the sketch challenge, but I really liked this design so I went ahead and made 2 of each:)
These cards are both cut with the large scallop square die.  I pierced the top left-hand corner and added a brad.  They swivel to open.  The flower is cut using the fun flowers die.
Here are the sketches for the challenge:  If you want to see more samples using this challenge, here's the link.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...