Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hello, Wasabi!

I enjoyed designing this card with Wild Wasabi.  I love this shade of green and admit that I haven't used it for quite a while.  (You know how I love my Cherry Cobbler!)  I pulled out the Wild Wasabi because I wanted to use this floral piece of DSP from Beyond the Garden.  I guess I'm thinking ahead and wishing for a beautiful Spring.  I used the circle and scallop circle dies for the main layers and one of the framelit dies for a background piece.
I cut the framelit piece in half and pulled it apart --- to create a larger piece --- placing it under the Wild Wasabi and Whisper White strips and tied a beautiful white satin ribbon around it all.  The CS colors are Whisper White, Wild Wasabi and Pacific Point --- to coordinate with the piece of Beyond the Garden DSP.  It's difficult to see it, but I've embossed the little white strip with the Flower Garden embossing folder.
The inks are Wild Wasabi and Pacific point.  The stamps are from the Best Friends Forever and Elementary Elegance stamp sets.  I stamped off the leaf stamp, to create a lighter background behind the 'Hello' text.  In the close-up, you can see the sparkle from my Frost White Shimmer Paint/alcohol mixture that I used to spritz the front of the card.  This card is for a Mojo Monday sketch challenge.  It was a really fun challenge to try!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...