Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Goodbye, Favorite Car!

Some days just don't start out too well.  After a 'not so good' night with my asthma, I decided to stay home from church this morning.  I was just about to get up to do another breathing treatment, when I heard my husband coming back in the door.  After our scary weekend with his seizure, just 3 weeks ago, I wondered to myself:  "What now?"

He came into the bedroom and started out with:  "I'm alright but..."
Then, I was on full alert.

His story is that he was distracted with something in the car seat next to him and swerved --- right into a mailbox just down our street.  Well, he must have hit one of the mailboxes that is inside a sturdy brick enclosure, because my favorite old car was just wrecked.  After getting our new Sienna a year ago, we were planning on keeping my old Bravada a little longer.  Well, maybe not so long, now.

Take a look:
I am so sad.  I still loved that car the best of any I'd ever had.  It was easy to drive, a good size, and had the most comfortable seats ever.

My husband has never been a fast or reckless driver, but geez... what a mess!

I will want to hear a LOT more about how all this happened when he gets back from church.  In the meantime, I will calm down, do yet another breathing treatment and again ask:  "What next?"  After my treatment, I WILL go stamp something.  I must do something sane today, so I won't kill him:)

7 comments:

  1. Oh my!! What a year you've had so far! I think you need a new New Year! Let's start 2012 all over starting March 1st!! It just HAS to get better from here, right!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I love your idea of starting the New Year all over again. Sounds like just what we need. We did find out today that the car is repairable. I was really not expecting that. So, for tomorrow... Happy New Year... again:)

      Delete
  2. Ouch. It's not fun to face the wrecked shell of a car, especially if you consider the vehicle as a favorite. It's a big blow, no doubt about that. Well, here's to hoping that repairs won't be too bad, or that finding a good replacement would not be too costly.

    -Jolandi Kerstetter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thrilled that we can have it repaired and enjoy it a little longer. One car payment at a time is really quite enough:) I'll be glad to have it back soon, too.

      Delete
  3. Oh well, your car does look like a mess after that mishap. It's a good thing, though, that your husband was not harmed during the incident. I sure hope the repairs did not take too long, or did cost too much than expected.


    Delsie Maidens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That's too bad! But the important thing is your husband wasn’t injured by the incident. We should be thankful for that. How's your car now? You don't have to worry about it; after it is repaired the comfortable driving experience that you had each time, will still be there.

    Ivo Beutler

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your Bravada. But knowing that your husband wasn't hurt is the silver lining in this event. Well, I hope you're enjoying your Sienna. :)

    -Erwin Calverley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...