Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gnome Fun

I didn't need to do an extra post today, but was inspired by a color challenge I saw while blogging.  I had to rise to the challenge because I love Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight together and the challenge included these 2 yummy colors AND Lucky Limeade working together in vivid, perfect harmony.  I earned the Gnome Sweet Gnome stamp set with some free Hostess Dollars and wanted to play around with it.   My design was inspired by a quirky little sketch challenge that I thought lends itself to some whimsical fun.  Here's my little yard ornament:
I used some Lucky Limeade DSP scraps for the 2 strips in the background.  The diagonal strip is textured Lucky Limeade CS.  I wanted to add the flowers to the strip for some extra fun and texture.  The Daffodil Delight flowers are from the Fruit and Flowers stamp set.
I stamped an extra hat for my little fellow and attached it with glue dots, for added dimension.  I did the same for the 2 mushrooms.  My little guy is holding a punched glimmer paper flower ('painted' with Lucky Limeade reinker).  I added a clear button over the sparkling flower and then added touches of clear Dazzling Details sparkle to the flowers, my gnome's belt buckle, the frog's eyes, and the polka dots on the mushrooms.  The card front is framed with the Framed Tulips embossing folder.  I finished off the project with a little knotted bow of Daffodil Delight taffeta ribbon.

So, once again...

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I have yet to use this set but it is now on my list of things to do:) Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was my first time to use the set, too. He's kind of cute:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...