Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Cherish the Moments

This is a page for my Heritage Album, in memory of my younger sister.  She was an adorable baby!
I'm also entering this into a sketch challenge on the Paper Crafter's Library.  It's called the Makeover Monday Challenge.
I thought it was a challenging layout and really wanted to try it.  Most of the challenges I've tried have been for cards, so I jumped at the opportunity to do a scrapbooking challenge.

This is what I came up with for the page.  Later, I will add the second page to the layout and it will have space for a lot of journaling, to share family history.  The 'Cherish the Moments' stamped on a piece cut with the Top Note die is from the Baby Prints stamp set.  This one stamp could be used for lots of scrapbooking ideas.
I wanted to share a close-up of this photo of my sister with her doll --- 2 doll babies.  When I look at that little face, I see a strong resemblance to my 9-month old granddaughter.  I was amazed.  I don't see the similarities so much in other photos, but I've found a couple that really jumped out at me.  In this photo, it's the eyes that do it.

I stamped the tiny letters onto Very Vanilla CS and then punched them out, so I could attach them with dimensionals and give more layers of texture.  With all the layers of DSP (from Attic Boutique DSP), this is a heavy page:)  I do love the richness of lots of layers.

I died the crochet flowers using a reinker and let them dry overnight.  They are attached with rhinestone brads.
I really enjoyed trying this challenge and it got me back into working on my Heritage Album.  It's coming along pretty nicely now.  I'll show you the journaling page (to go with this one) soon, so you can see it all together.
Time for you to get to scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...