Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Another Sympathy Card

Here's a card I made recently for a friend.  Unfortunately, I now need to design several more sympathy cards.  Sympathy cards are so difficult to make.  Not only do you want them to be personal, send love and comfort to the recipient, but also to be especially beautiful.
Sympathy cards take a lot of thought in creating.  I struggle with them at times, but I will continue to make my own because it is my hope that they will show the recipient how much I truly care.
Once the card was finished, I added a touch of shimmer with my Frost White Shimmer Paint / alcohol spritz.  I love how it makes a card have a beautiful, yet delicate, shimmer!
I've added lots and lots of layers and embossing, and used our framelits and edgelits dies.  The stamp sets are Apothecary Art and Loving Thoughts.
The pleated ribbon adds an elegant touch.
Tip:
When attaching a strip of ribbon, lay down a thin line of Liquid Tombow adhesive and gently press the ribbon into it.  It will stick once the glue is dry.
To achieve the soft colors on the image, I used inks and the Aqua Painter.
I used a corner punch to 'fancy up' one of the corners on the inside of the card.  I used the hearts embossing strip on the envelope to fancy it up, too.  I love the look of an embossed envelope.
I hope this might inspire you to create a special card when you need one during a difficult time.  I know it means so much to you when you receive a hand made card - for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...