Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Meet our Fabulous New Framelits ..... and ..... How to Make a Little Trifold Card

Here's a cute little card, inspired by a fellow demonstrator, I made using our S-A-B products.
Here's how I did it:
Cut your DSP to 12 X 4."  You'll be able to make THREE cards from one sheet of DSP!
I used the 3 smallest of the 6 framelits.  For the front of the card, use the largest of these 3.  Center it completely on the 4" square card front by lining it up with the markings on your grid paper.  I held mine in place using a Post It note.
Tip:
When using the framelits, use your multipurpose platform along with both tabs.
Very important:
Place the side of the framelit down that has the thin, raised edge on it.  I like to use my oldest cutting plate under it because it does really cut into the plate.

Close your card with the card front on the top.  Carefully center the smallest framelit inside the opening you previously cut.  Gently raise the front of the card and position a Post It note onto the smallest framelit to hold it in place.

Open your card and run it through the Big Shot to cut this small opening into the back layer only.

Here's how the back opening will look.  You'll notice that now the front opening is covered over with a layer of Calypso Coral.  (Use a 4" square and trim it down slightly to make sure it allows the card to close completely.)
Here's how the front looks with the Calypso Coral attached inside.

Carefully center the middle sized framelit (of the 3 you're using) inside the front opening, as shown below.  Hold in place with a Post It note.

Here's how it will look after you run it through the Big Shot.  If you look carefully, you can see that it leaves a slight embossed edge inside the coral.  I really like that.  It just adds another element of texture.
Save all the pieces you've cut out.  You can use them on other projects.
The framelits are designed to mat inside each other.  They are fabulous.
Here's how I store my framelits.  I cut a piece of our magnetic sheets and placed it inside an empty clear mount stamp case.  It's adhesive backed, so it attaches instantly.  I lay the framelits onto the magnetic sheet with the raised cutting edge UP, so it's easier to pick them up.  You don't want to bend them!!!
I slip the instructions/label inside the front of the case.  I plan to decorate this a bit soon:)
I made each of the 3 card insides differently.  In this version, I attached a piece of Very Vanilla inside the entire middle section of the card.

You can also stamp and cut out a piece, using one of the framelits.
When I do this, I sometimes stamp several at one time so I can work ahead on future projects.

I used a sizzlit and the Boho Blossoms punch for the embellishments on the card fronts.
Here, again, is the first card.  As you can see, I used ribbon (Lucky Limeade) and some of the new pearls (Occasions Mini) to embellish the card further.  In the card below, both inside pieces are attached with dimensionals.
On this card, I pleated and attached the ribbon under the 'Hello' greeting.  I also sponged around the inside opening.
The 'Hello' is from the stamp set Elementary Elegance from our S-A-B collection.
This card uses Calypso Coral ribbon and several sizes of the pearls.  To get the shading in the coloring, I used different inks (Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade) with the Aqua Painter.
Here are more views of the cards partly opened.
...a few closer views:



As you can see, each card is slightly different on the inside.  For the one below, I sponged around the edges after I cut it out with the framelit.
...another view of the coloring:
The floral image is from the stamp set Bordering on Romance from our Occasions Mini.
For all 3 cards, I used the Everyday Enchantment DSP from our S-A-B promotion.  It is gorgeous.  It has coordinating ribbons and brads, too!
Here's a close-up of the coordinating brads.  Aren't they cute?

Be sure to check out our S-A-B promotion to see what YOU might like to earn for FREE.
You'll be glad you did!!!
There you have it.  A long and detailed tutorial for exactly how you can make some cute little trifold cards.   So... crank up your Big Shot, get out those framelits (or order some NOW) and try some of these fun little cards.  I think they could become addictive:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...