Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

For Leslie

For those of you who knew my upline, Leslie, I learned sad news today.  Her daughter, Laura, passed away this morning.  She'd been in St. Louis receiving treatment for a long time now and they'd hoped to prepare for a bone marrow transplant.  A few days ago, after learning that doctors had determined her leukemia to be incurable, Bill and Leslie brought her home.  Please send thoughts and prayers for Leslie and her family as they mourn the loss of their daughter, Laura. 

Here's the MDS page I made of fun times with Leslie at Convention.  It seems like, with all the sadness, that MDS has been the only way I can express my feelings right now.  It feels good to honor friends and share treasured memories of fun times together with them.

Left to right:
Large photo:
Leslie, me, Robin (Leslie's upline) and Leslie's sister, Chris

Small photo on left:
My daughter, Jenn, Leslie, and me
Small photo, center:
Chris (Leslie's sister), me, Rich (Stampin' Up! president), Jenn (my daughter), and Leslie.
Small photo, bottom right:
My daughter, Jenn, me, and Leslie

With this loss and the loss last week of our dear family friend, Edward, 2012 has gotten off to a really rocky beginning for us.  May God be with us all and keep us in His loving care.  Blessings to you all and prayers for a happier rest of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...