Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Designer Cuts Cards and Envelopes


Have you seen our new Designer Cuts Cards and Envelopes yet?  I must say, I just love working with them.  They are beautiful and quite a blank canvas for your creativity.  I stayed with the same color story as used in the Twitterpated Product Suite, so I could display them together.  You could change up the color scheme to whatever you desire.  This is how they come:

The Pleated Satin Ribbon comes in several luscious colors:  Pear Pizzazz, Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride and Baja Breeze.   It is luscious and SO very easy to work with it.

Here are all the cards I made using the Designer Cuts Cards and Envelopes:







Tip:
To create the curving ribbon across the card, just lightly sketch a line where you want to place the ribbon.  'Draw' a line of Liquid Tombow adhesive across your sketched line.  Gently place the ribbon onto the glue, leaving both ends hanging off the edges of the card.  Pat the ribbon into place and allow it to dry.  I like to place a lightweight object (such as a stamp case) on top of it to be sure it dries really stuck tight.  Be sure you don't apply too much glue or it will ooze out all over your card.   After the glue is dry, trim off the ends with your ribbon scissors.  Because of the way this ribbon is made, it bends easily so you can add fancy curves to your cards.
Sparkle Tip:
I added the new pink Smooch Spritz to some of the cards with pinks or reds on them.  I used a mixture of White Shimmer Paint/rubbing alcohol to spritz the cards with blues in them, along with the card below.  It's difficult to see in the photos, but IRL it is shimmery and gorgeous!  The Trinket Hearts are tied on with Baker's Twine.
Tip:
The little hearts are made with the Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die.  Whew!  Try saying that 3 times in a row:)  I love it because you can cut them out and emboss them all in ONE step. 

Do you like the embossed envelopes?  In my next post, I'll share how I made them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...